Freebird flies with $5 million as it eyes expansion in corporate travel
Freebird, a startup to help travellers rebook flights following disruption, has received a fresh cash injection of $5 million.
The funding comes from General Catalyst and Accomplice which also led the startup’s initial round of $3.5 million back in November 2015.
A number of travel industry angel investors, including TripIt founder Scott Hintz, also participated in the round which will be invested in Freebird’s expansion in the corporate travel segment.
On the Blog…
- Big Announcement! (And how I got locked out of my hotel room) (4-21-17)
- Holiday Travel: Knowledge is Power (12-20-16)
- VIDEO: Freebird Travel Intelligence at PhoCusWright 2016
- VIDEO: Freebird Flight Rebooking at PhoCusWright 2016
- Thanksgiving Travel Insights You Didn’t Know You Needed (11-22-16)
- Can Technology Save Your Trip? (10-20-16)
- Fall Wedding? Freebird is Free for Your Guests (10-06-16)
- Freebird APIs: A Platform for Partnership (09-22-16)
- The Antidote to Multi-Traveler Mayhem (08-30-16)
- Freebird Turns One (02-17-16)
- Why we exist. (12-15-15)
- Introducing Freebird (11-19-15)